We have all been shocked and appalled by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Our thoughts continue to be with the people of Ukraine and we all hope for a swift resolution to the conflict.
Alongside the humanitarian tragedy, there are also profound economic consequences to the conflict, many of which have yet to manifest.
Alongside our government sponsor, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, we have collated some useful information that may be of use to your members, you can find these below:
- Government Response: You can read about the Government’s response to the crisis here
- A customs easement is now in place to make it easier to move aid and donations to help the people of Ukraine. You can review the details of this here.
- Ask Questions: If your members are selling goods or services to Europe, you or they can contact the export support team by phone or online to ask questions, find out more here
- Export Control Joint Unit (ECJU): find the latest notices to exporters here
- Businesses can now sign up to offer work to people who have come to the UK from Ukraine. You can review details of this here
- The CBI is organising events and has collated a range of useful information alongside a list of the most frequently asked questions. You can review this information here
- DEC Appeal – The most effective way to make a donation is via the Disaster Emergency Committee, a coalition of 15 member charities who are experts in humanitarian aid and specialise in different areas of disaster response. Find out more here.