This privacy statement sets out how the Trade Association Forum Ltd uses and protects any information that you may provide when you use this website.
The Trade Association Forum is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, organisation and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- For the TAF awards, category selection and submission text, and guest names, their email addresses and dietary requirements
- Other information relevant to trade association business activities.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional e-mails about new products or services, special offers or other relevant information which we believe you may find of interest using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- For the TAF awards, we use your submission text to assess your awards entry, and use the contact details provided to communicate with you. We will collate the names of guests, their email addresses and dietary requirements.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any information we may collect online. We will never pass on or sell your information to any third party.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the checkbox that you can click to indicate that you are happy for the information to be used by us.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you register for an Event with TAF directly, the information you provide us will include:
- your title, name, and full postal, email address, and or telephone number;
- your job title;
- any dietary requirements (where applicable)
- any access needs
TAF may photograph or video an event, by attending the event you consent to this processing of you image and TAF will inform you of its intention to do so in event literature.
TAF may also share your personal data with third parties involved with the event, for instance, venue staff, caterers or sponsors. If you do not consent to this sharing you must inform TAF prior to the event.
The Trade Association Forum may change this statement from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This statement is effective from 28th March 2018.