The Benchmarking Survey 2010 has now been launched. Trade associations have been sent an an individual e-mail invitation to complete the on-line questionnaire. In contrast with previous surveys, participation is now FREE and those that complete a questionnaire will receive a free copy of the report.
The content of the survey has been thoroughly overhauled and updated since the last comprehensive survey in 2005/06. The questionnaire has fewer, more structured questions and has been created with Survey Monkey, a web-based survey tool, that will make it easier and quicker to complete than previous surveys.
How it works
- We e-mail you a personalised link to the questionnaire unique to your association
- You can use the link to access the questionnaire from any computer with a browser
- You can complete the questionnaire in one session or if desired come back to it to complete it in stages
- You can print off the questionnaire – or just the data sections – if you wish to draft your replies on paper (for example, on the train) – see pdf links below
- Please complete your questionnaire by 30 July if possible
The data you provide will be treated in strict confidence and will only be published anonymously in aggregate form. Online links are secure and encrypted.
The questionnaire has 113 questions arranged in 9 Sections. A chief executive or senior member of staff should be able to work straight through sections 1 – 7 ‘on-the-fly’ without needing to look up detailed information.
Sections 8 and 9 do call for detailed data which will need to be looked up or obtained from a colleague. It is recommended that you print off these data sections to assemble the responses on paper before entering them.
- Basic Segmentation
- Leadership & Strategy
- Partnership & Competition
- Management & Staffing
- Member Services
- Data – Membership & Subscriptions
- Data – Finance
Attached for information are pdfs of:
- Data Sections 8 and 9 (4 pages)
- The full questionnaire (30 pages – large type, lots of white space!)
If you require any further information please contact Richard Fairclough firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7395 8284 or Nick Dart email@example.com 020 7395 8307.