Employers can now apply for incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice. Lots of organisations have already expressed an interest in this support, so please share our guidance with your members or networks to help them make the most of it. They can get the payment in 3 steps:
- Hire new apprentices between 1 August 2020 and 31 January 2021.
- Apply for the payment after they’ve added new apprentices to their apprenticeship service account.
- They’ll be eligible for 2 equal instalments after the apprentice completes 90 and 365 days of their apprenticeship.
Payments made are up to £2,000 for each new apprentice. For apprentices aged:
• 16 to 24, they’ll receive £2,000 in total
• 25 and over, they’ll receive £1,500 in total
The payment can be spent on anything to support their organisation’s costs, from facilities and travel to uniforms and salaries. This is in addition to the £1,000 payment already given to help employers meet the needs of some groups of apprentices in the workplace.
More information on applying for these incentive payments can be found here.