The UK Government, in consultation with industry, has produced guidance for business to help ensure workplaces in England are as safe as possible during the coronavirus pandemic. Over the next two weeks the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) is holding a series of sector-specific webinars for businesses which focus on making workplaces Covid-Secure.
The webinars cover a range of different types of workplace settings which are allowed to be open. Many businesses operate more than one type of workplace, such as an office, factory and fleet of vehicles. You may need to use more than one of the guides/webinars as you think through what you need to do to keep people safe. The webinars are free of charge, details for which are listed below along with relvant links to book your place.
• Wednesday 27 May, 11am: Factories, plants and warehouses – Guidance for people who run factories, plants and warehouses.
• Wednesday 27 May, 3pm: Restaurants offering takeaway or delivery – Guidance for people who run restaurants offering takeaway or delivery services.
• Thursday 28 May, 11am: Shops and branches – Guidance for people who run shops, branches, stores or similar environments.
• Thursday 28 May, 3pm: Vehicles – Guidance for people who work in or from vehicles, including couriers, mobile workers, lorry drivers, on-site transit and work vehicles, field forces and similar.
• Monday 1 June, 11am: Construction and other outdoor work – Guidance for people who run outdoor working environments.
• Monday 1 June, 3pm: Labs and research facilities – Guidance for people who run indoor labs and research facilities and similar environments
• Tuesday 2 June, 11am: Offices and contact centres – Guidance for people who run offices, contact centres and similar indoor environments
• Tuesday 2 June, 3pm: Homes – Guidance for people working in, visiting or delivering to home environments as well as their employers