Technical and Policy Director – Job advertisement
£60k-£70k (based on experience) + performance related bonus and benefits.
Foodservice Equipment Association (www.fea.org.uk) is looking for a suitably qualified person to join its highly efficient secretariat team of four. The candidate will require strong communication skills to fulfil this important full time role on behalf of the association’s 190 company members. The FEA member companies are foodservice equipment manufacturers, importers and distributors whose products are for professional use including; cooking, refrigeration, warewashing, ventilation, light equipment and tableware, hot beverage equipment, service and spare parts. The equipment is used in commercial kitchens to provide food and drink for the out of home market. This includes hotels, restaurants, pubs, bars, healthcare, education and public services. FEA has a long history of effective and high profile representation of the sector through its technical and policy services to members.
To represent the industry on issues relating to equipment manufacture and supply, including health and safety and environmental aspects of foodservice equipment. This includes UKCA/CE compliance; gas, electrical, water utilities use; circular economy principles and service support competency.
This is an interesting and rewarding role in a dynamic industry sector where you will have direct responsibility for:
- Influencing UK and EU policy makers, including consultation responses.
- Circular economy principles and their development for foodservice equipment.
- Liaison with Government and its appointed consultants or agencies.
- Representation of the interests of FEA members to ensure their voice is heard.
- Representation within EFCEM efcem.info working groups.
- Representation on international committees.
- BSI Standards committee participation for mechanical, electrical and gas equipment.
- Liaison with other industry trade bodies and societies.
- Communication of developments to FEA members.
- On demand response to member company enquiries.
- Responsibility for developing the resources of the association to meet its technical and policy objectives.
- Overseeing the publication of PR relating to technical and policy activity.
- Development of Building Information Modelling parameters.
- Development of equipment connectivity resources.
- Speaking at conferences and events.
The role will suit someone with electrical and mechanical engineering knowledge, skills and experience who wishes to develop their career in an influential trade association. Foodservice equipment industry knowledge or experience would be useful. An outward looking approach and ability to learn is essential and full development training will be provided to support the successful candidate. Direct member facing contact is a key part of the role, requiring strong presentation skills.
This will be primarily a remote working role but there will be travel requirements within the UK and Europe for meetings and events. The salary and expenses are commensurate with the responsibilities which include employer pension contributions and a bonus based on agreed KPI achievement.
If you feel this fulfilling role is for you and if you have an enthusiastic and inclusive approach to your work, we offer a very rewarding position in a friendly and collaborative sector of business.
Send your c.v. with a covering email or letter outlining why you feel this is the position for you, to email@example.com by Friday 28th January 2022. Or call me on 07860 395752 for an informal discussion; previous applicants need not reapply.