GIMA is a dynamic and proactive membership organisation representing the majority share of suppliers and manufacturers operating within the UK gardening industry. As such, GIMA is a busy association running key industry networking events, offering targeted business services and tangible financial benefits all designed to help and support its 170-plus member companies.
The Membership & Marketing Coordinator will be an integral part of a small team, reporting to the Director and must demonstrate a hands-on and can do attitude. You will need to be well organised, able to multitask while paying attention to detail but also have some creative flair and excellent copywriting skills. You must have the ability to take on the organisation & administration of membership events, both in person and virtual. You will also be able to deal with a wide range of people in a friendly, efficient and professional manner.
Finally, you must be computer literate in Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook and a good working knowledge of Mailchimp, WordPress (or similar) and databases would be desirable.
Industry knowledge is preferable but not essential.
- All membership administration and annual renewals process
- Management of membership and Mailchimp databases and ensure GDPR compliance.
- Delivery of membership communications via Mailchimp. Schedule, monitor and record results
- Assist in identifying and promoting GIMA to potential new members as well as encourage membership retention & engagement. May include visiting members in real life and virtually from time to time.
- Organise and administer membership events, and attend in person or virtually as required
- Support the GIMA Director with the administration of high profile events including annual GIMA Awards and the Garden Press event.
- Website updates and maintenance
- Management of Associate Members, agreeing annual marketing plans.
- Attend quarterly Council meetings, record and distribute accurate meeting minutes, and on occasions make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Attend nationwide industry events to support members and promote member services
- Produce regular KPIs
- Monitor and respond to all general enquiries
- Carry out the day-to-day general administration of the association and any other duties compatible with the level and nature of this role
Skills, attributes, and standards:
- Have a hands-on and can do attitude
- Have a good understanding of best practice and customer care in dealing with clients and members
- Highly flexible and must be able to adapt to changing priorities and conditions. To manage competing demands, change and priorities on a daily operational level
- Have effective and positive communication skills, enjoy meeting and interacting with people and have confidence to work independently and as part of a successful team
- Be proactive and a self-motivator
- Highly organised with good oral and written communication skills and excellent administration skills
- Good literacy, numeracy and problem solving
- Must be prepared to travel and stay away on occasions
Work base and hours:
- 9.00am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday (although flexible and/or pro rata working will be considered for the right candidate)
- Remote home working
- Some weekend working at exhibitions may be required for which time off in lieu is provided
- Remuneration: dependent on experience, plus Expenses plus Pension.
Interested candidates should supply a CV and a short covering email outlining their suitability for the role, plus salary expectations and notice period.
Apply by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing dates for applications: 31st March 2023