Effective from 12 August 2019. Please note these ‘Terms and Conditions’ may be subject to change without notice. Please read them carefully before making a booking for any Trade Association Forum (hereafter referred to as ‘TAF’) event.
- Before booking onto the event, please ensure you have read the event programme and content, to ensure the event will meet your needs.
- If an event registration/booking form is completed by an individual other than the named delegate, it is the responsibility of the employer organisation to ensure the delegate is authorised and able to attend the event on the organisation’s behalf.
- Bookings will be acknowledged within two weeks. If you do not hear from us within this time, please contact the TAF Events Team on 020 3869 8650.
- Important note: TAF’s acceptance of your booking brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions. Any term sought to be imposed by you in any purchase order or correspondence will not form part of the contract.
Invoicing and Payment
- For all current event costs and dates, please refer to our website, www.taforum.org.
- All fees are payable in advance of the event taking place. TAF reserves the right to refuse entry to any delegate in the event of non-payment.
- Payment must be made in pounds Sterling by cheque, credit/debit card or BACS.
- Only members of the Trade Association Forum are able to attend training and seminar events unless indicated otherwise on the promotional material. Members whose subscription is outstanding at the time of booking will be charged an administration fee of £150 + VAT which may, at TAF’s discretion, subsequently be offset against their subscription payment once it has been received.
- If any amount properly due to TAF under or in connection with these terms and conditions remains outstanding beyond the event date TAF may: either charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% per annum above the base rate of Lloyds TSB Bank PLC from time to time (which interest will accrue daily until the date of actual payment, be compounded quarterly, and be payable on demand); or claim interest and statutory compensation pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998).
- Delegates will receive joining instructions via email to the email address provided at the time of booking. It is the responsibility of the individual completing the event registration/booking form to ensure joining instructions are received by the delegate.
- TAF is not responsible for the non-arrival of joining instructions. If the joining instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the event registration/booking to contact the TAF Events Team to arrange for them to be re-issued.
- Failure to attend an event at which a free or concessionary rate place was given may at TAF’s discretion result in the delegate becoming ineligible for such places at any future event(s).
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of TAF, to change the content and timing of the programme, the date, the venue or the speaker(s) and TAF reserves the right to do this at any time.
- TAF will send all correspondence primarily via email to the email provided at the time of booking. If alternative details are received after the booking form has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
Cancellations and Amendments
- All requests for cancellations and/or amendments must be received in writing, even when they have previously been notified verbally.
- All written cancellations must be received by the TAF Events Team by midday on the cancellation date specified on the booking form or in the event information. No refunds will be offered for cancellations communicated after the specified date.
- Failure to attend the event will result in the full cost being incurred and no refunds shall be given.
- All amendments will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- Should delegates be unable to attend an event after booking, a substitute is welcome at no extra charge. All substitutions should be communicated to the TAF Events Team prior to the event taking place.
- In the event that there are insufficient numbers booked onto an event, TAF reserves the right to cancel or postpone the event.
- In the event of cancellation of an event by TAF, we will endeavour to inform all delegates at least a week before the event is due to take place, although there may be occasions when this is not possible.
- In the event of postponement, TAF will transfer all bookings to the new date unless delegates request otherwise in which case the event fee will be reimbursed.
- Should TAF cancel an event, all event fees paid will be reimbursed in full or the payment will be transferred in full to another TAF equivalent event. TAF shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation, etc.
- Organising and financing associated travel and accommodation costs are the sole responsibility of the delegate.
- Where food and refreshments are to be provided, this will be stated on the event details and the cost included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements must be notified in writing to TAF in advance of the event, as specified in the event details.
- TAF shall not be liable to refund fees or for any other penalty should the event be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
- These terms and conditions, together with the current TAF website prices, event details and TAF contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the event. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing by the Chairman, Vice Chairman or the Chief Executive of TAF. In particular, no terms and conditions incorporated within your purchase order and nothing said by any persons on behalf of TAF should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by TAF. TAF shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.