Trade Association Chair and Board Seminar
Each year a number of senior business people, with significant experience in running organisations and conducting meetings, are asked to take on the role of chair or board member of a trade association. However, they may well find the experience rather different from that which they have been used to.
The result is that incoming non-executives often struggle to get to grips with the role and may have to spend much time establishing a modus operandi – with the governing body and the chief executive. By the time this is done the chair may be halfway through the term of office.
The objective of the seminar is to help board members and chair-elect of trade associations maximise their effectiveness by:
- Helping them understand the politics and dynamics of trade associations
- Identifying best practice that will help them perform effectively
- Providing a forum in which they can share experience with other chairmen
- Giving them access to further sources of information
- Preparing a due diligence checklist
- Issues to be settled before the chairman’s term of office commences
Venue: In person in London, venue TBC
- TAF Members: £295 + VAT
- Non-members: £395 + VAT