The MAGB’s aims and objectives are:
- To promote the understanding of the industry’s requirements for raw materials, to ensure their quality and sufficiency of supply
- To monitor and interpret legislation affecting the industry, and make the appropriate representations.
- To promote and assure the safety and wholesomeness of malt.
- To continually improve the competitiveness of the UK malting industry
- To identify and promote the beneficial application of technology
- To promote standards of excellence within the industry through training, examinations and best industry practice.