About the Railway Industry Association (RIA)
Our small team works closely with influencers and decision makers in the rail industry, to represent our 300+ member companies in the UK rail supply chain. We deliver a full programme of events and information to support our members and help to grow the sector, which is vital to the UK economy. Our work involves regular face to face contact with members and stakeholders at our offices in Westminster.
Candidates should feel comfortable travelling daily to and working in a vibrant office environment, and being ‘front of house’.
Previous experience is much less important than your attitude, energy and interaction with others.
RIA is looking for candidates that can demonstrate this Profile:
- Confident in proactively responding to problems and requests
- High standard of customer service, including appearance
- Able to take ownership and follow up
- Able to multi-task, remain calm under pressure and prioritise time spent on tasks
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- Enthusiastic about data and detail
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- A true team player, willing to contribute and communicate respectfully
- IT literate – confident using MS office and beyond, eg CRM, website, zoom
- Awareness of databases and the need for accuracy
- Awareness of business principles
Operations Assistant – full time
This role involves work on reception, database and administration.
Hours: 9-5, and an occasional need to travel and work outside normal hours.
Starting: January 2022, with an initial 3-month probationary period.
Contact: Gaynor Pates at email@example.com.
This is an entry-level, junior role. You should have recently left education and be seeking your first or second experience of working in an office / business environment.
This role would suit an enthusiastic, flexible, fast-learner who is starting out on a ‘business to business’ career path in data management / customer service / digital marketing.
- Greeting visitors and contractors.
- Meeting room set-up and helping with audio-visual equipment.
- Serving refreshments.
- Housekeeping and fire safety.
- Responding to email and phone enquiries.
- Data cleansing and data entry.
- Updating and producing reports from the Customer Relationship Management database.
- Working with others to improve efficiency of data input ‘user experience’.
- Helping with event logistics / delivery.
- Train ticket, hotel and restaurant booking.