The BMF is the leading Industry Trade association that represents and protects the interests of Builders Merchants and Suppliers to the Merchanting industry. Membership has grown by over 116% over the last 7 years and we now represent over 700 Member companies who have sales approaching £31.7 billion per annum and employ 130,300 people in the Building Materials Industry.
Reporting to: Membership Services Director
Base: Coventry Office
Salary Circa: negotiable depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday, from 9.00am till 5.00pm (totalling 35 hours per week)
• Manage and maintain CRM database which contains members.
• Proactively support campaigns with data segmentation, reporting and data insights, working with relevant colleagues across the organisation.
• Implement and manage projects to improve the use of the CRM database, data cleanliness, and import/export procedures.
• Take the lead in the development, maintenance and smooth running of the organisations databases and associated applications and systems.
• Plan and manage the financial budget for the organisation’s databases and related projects, under the supervision of the Membership Services Director.
• Process new member applications with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Manage processes to ensure the quality and currency of database records and provide training and support for the activity of database users across the organisation.
• Plan and implement systems and processes to ensure best practice and compliance in regard to data regulations, especially GDPR.
• Billing and renewal of memberships.
• Help and support the build of the BMF handbook.
• Compiling quarterly membership report and presenting at weekly team meeting.
• Undertake any other projects as requested by the Membership Services Director or CEO.
• Continuously improve IMIS.
• Updating and implementing edits on IMIS system to ensure Membership Administration processes are running smoothly.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
• Proven experience in Data/Membership Manager’s role.
• Have excellent IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Have a good understanding and experience of using membership CRM system.
• An outstanding communicator and influencer, who can translate technical systems requirements into jargon-free, implementable solutions and user training that maximises CRM functionality.
• Proactive, resourceful and energetic.
• Flexible and collaborative in your approach while retaining a clear vision of what you want to achieve.
• You should be curious and up-to-date with global technological developments.
• Must be confident, and able to engage and build relationships with stakeholders and members.
• Must be commercially aware.
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent organisation skills.
• Clear, concise and grammatically correct writing style with and attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritise and balance demands from multiple sources.
• Self-motivated, and calm under pressure.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Commitment to the aims and objectives of the organisation.
• Experience of operating on IMIS.
• Experience of working with or for a trade association or non-profit making organisation.
• Live within a 1-hour drive of Coventry HQ.
For further information or to apply, contact Richard Ellithorne, Membership Services Director and Company Secretary
on Tel: 02476 854984 or by e-mail.