The British Promotional Merchandise Association (BPMA) is the professional trade body serving the £1billion pound promotional products industry in the UK and Ireland. We have been a trusted brand for over 50 years, offering advice and guidance to buyers as well as leading the promotional merchandise industry in delivering service excellence and compliance.
The BPMA serves to Inspire, Connect and Educate. We are entering into a new and exciting phase and are searching for a Membership Account Executive to forge relationships and develop/implement the strategy to retain, grow and gain new members, ensuring targets and budget are achieved and delivered.
We are committed to leading our industry, representing and supporting members of the association and offering true competitive advantage through education and engagement.
The Membership Account Executive is responsible for implementing the BPMA’s membership strategy including supporting services across the business, reporting to the CEO.
Within this role, commercially minded implementation and knowledge is essential to the potential impact of any member/non-member application. Aware of mirror/competitor organisations’ conference, event and training programmes plus all new and developing social media and digital innovations, bringing as many firsts to the table as possible. Members need support and value added service as we deploy a strategy to retain, grow and gain new members. The role requires strong cross-departmental integration and the ability to inspire through execution.
Our members rely on us to bring them the best possible service and as part of the BPMA, you will be responsible for delivering the association’s best practice across its membership offering.
Service 500+ current members, helping them to become aware of benefits and services of BPMA membership
• Successfully working to achieve targets set out and agreed on a quarterly basis (which inform your bonus)
• Achieving all objectives, targets and KPIs set out within your role – providing true support and consultative member support
• Build a membership pipeline and help secure new members with proposals
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with members
• Build Member engagement through the promotion of member events direct to current member base and scoping other audience engagements through other non-members who have engaged with the BPMA previously
• Track member engagement and ensure the BPMA delivers on members’ specific expectations
• Renewing annual memberships with lapsed and renewing members, being fully aware of all the benefits of being part of the BPMA and being able to communicate these benefits clearly through verbal, written and proposal execution
• Support exclusive BPMA education services by promoting BPMA Education Programme to current members, working with the marketing function to create new audiences
• Promote key conferences and social events created exclusively by the BPMA; understanding clearly the targets and expectations for each event
• Secure sponsorship for key events from your entrepreneurial approach to securing funding for BPMA events, in particular BPMA Awards and social activations
• Generate revenue from advertising and sponsorship on BPMA media channels (print and digital media), events and other sales opportunities
• Ensuring high standards of service are met, ensuring outstanding member feedback at every opportunity
• Employing clear, concise and well versed communication skills – exceptional communication is expected at all times
• Key target of building relationships with a range of stakeholders and upholding the BPMA code of conduct at all times
• Understand and engage with the BPMA CRM system, implement any updates from member and non-member interactions
External Relationship Management
• Work with the marketing team, Board, partners and platform relationships to ensure efficient and sustainable initiatives, working across CRM when relevant
• Shape and engage in conversations among members, brands and service providers
• Interaction with the various trade and member bodies as appropriate
• Work across departments to deliver content supporting a variety of business priorities
• Marketing projects, legal, brand awareness, membership – make it your business to understand each team’s communication points and seek support for on-going communication messaging through the marketing department, operations and CEO
• Work closely with our internal teams and CEO
• Keep up-to-date with the world of social media and digital innovations by subscribing to relevant blogs, newsletters plus other trend spotting sites to bring relevancy to your role ie events, trends, fashion, politics plus websites and newsletters – sharing knowledge across the business as appropriate
• Please ensure you are aware of the BPMA’s attachment to wider industry
• Effective relationship skills
• Proven business development skills
• Ability to sell eg. membership, advertising, event attendance
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Ability to present with PPT/Prezi, delivering an engaging performance
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent organisation skills
• Self-starter and proactive
• Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Team player
• Proficient in using a computer (especially Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint),
08:30 – 17:30 (Monday-Friday) office based at Fetcham Park House near Leatherhead KT22 9HD. Exhibitions and events may require additional time outside normal working hours.
Must be within 1 hour commute from our new office in Fetcham, Surrey. Nearest station is Leatherhead.
BPMA is an equal opportunities employer
The closing date is Thursday 12th September 2019 and interviews are expected to take place W/c 16th September 2019. To apply, please send an up-to-date CV and a short covering letter (no more than 1 page) outlining your experience and why you want to work for the BPMA. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.