The British Promotional Merchandise Association (BPMA) is the professional trade body serving the £1 billion pound promotional products industry in the UK and Ireland. We have been a trusted brand for over 50 years, offering advice and guidance to buyers as well as leading the promotional merchandise industry in delivering service excellence and compliance.
The BPMA serves to Inspire, Connect and Educate. We are entering into a new and exciting phase and are searching for a Marketing & Events Executive to implement the marketing communications and event strategy of the BPMA, ensuring the BPMA marketing goals and budget are achieved and delivered.
We are committed to leading our industry, representing and supporting members of the association and offering true competitive advantage through education and engagement.
• Prepare and execute the marketing communications plan
• Manage website content
• Manage member blogs and content curation
• Writing on-trend and relevant BPMA whitepapers, blogs and infographics
• Create all marketing collateral for relevant membership activities and benefits, including the BPMA Education Programme, membership recruitment and retention
• Co-ordinate content and adverts for BPMA’s Product Media magazine
• Manage Product Media magazine subscription list
• Manage BPMA data lists, ensuring GDPR compliance
• Write relevant press releases and communicate to press contacts
• Create member feedback and end-user research surveys for events
• Organise and execute the BPMA Christmas lunch
• Organise and execute the BPMA Annual Awards dinner
• Organise and manage all BPMA events including seminars, BPMA Education Day, BPMA Conferences, BPMA Regional Events, industry shows and our Merchandise World trade shows
• Manage the relationships with end-user exhibition organisers such as MWL and B2B marketing shows
• Plan and manage all BPMA exhibition stands at trade events
• Create and maintain a 12 month touch point and event calendar
• Co-ordinate Promotional Products Week and end user task force
• Represent BPMA at various industry events and exhibitions
Success will be measured by:
• Ensure the BPMA event budget is met and main goals delivered
• The delivery of the KPIs on events and marketing comms
• Increase the media coverage of the BPMA
• Success of the BPMA Initiatives
• Effective marketing skills
• Able to write high quality copy for blogs, press releases, eflyers, website etc
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent organisation skills
• Self-starter and proactive
• Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Team player
• Proficient in using a computer (especially Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), Photoshop would be a bonus
Salary: £22,000 – £30,000 per annum
Permanent, full time position
Location: Fetcham, Surrey
08:30 – 17:30 (Monday-Friday) office based at Fetcham Park House near Leatherhead KT22 9HD. Exhibitions and events may require additional time outside normal working hours.
Must be within 1 hour commute from our new office in Fetcham, Surrey. Nearest station is Leatherhead.
BPMA is an equal opportunities employer
The closing date is Thursday 12th September 2019 and interviews are expected to take place W/c 16th September 2019. To apply, please send an up-to-date CV and a short covering letter (no more than 1 page) outlining your experience and why you want to work for the BPMA. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.