REPORTING TO: Director of Communications
SALARY: Circa £50,000 per annum, plus benefits
JOB PURPOSE: To assist in the development and implementation of the marketing plans across the FMB Group (FMB and FMBIS) in order to attract new members, retain existing members and help grow commercial income. The post holder will also be required to raise awareness of the Master Builder brand with consumers and prospective members and promote the use of Master Builders as quality building firms.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 11.59pm on Sunday, 19th January 2020
To apply for the role of Marketing Director, please send your CV and a covering letter setting our your reasons for applying, to Brian Berry, Chief Executive.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management and Direction
- Manage the development and delivery of a Marketing Strategy and a Content Strategy for the business and measure return on investment.
- Support the development and delivery of the Communications Business Plan for the FMB, in collaboration with the Director of Communications.
- Assist with the development and implementation of an effective Lead Management Strategy that delivers quality leads to the Sales Team.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Marketing Team to ensure business objectives are achieved. This includes line-management of team members and managing recruitment requirements where necessary.
- Ensure the FMB’s marketing activities are in-line with the wider Communications Business Plan and that the Marketing Team is leveraging content from other areas of the Communications Team, including policy and public affairs and events.
- To safeguard members and others personal data, in accordance with all relevant Data Protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) in force from May 2018. To participate in all training and guidance offered by FMB on GDPR, and to keep this knowledge up to date.
- Manage and deliver B2B and B2C marketing activities across all FMB departments.
- Assist in the development and delivery of the Social Media Strategy to achieve agreed results to improve engagement, lead generation and recognition.
- Manage digital marketing and SEO to ensure maximum exposure across all platforms.
- Co-ordinate integrated marketing campaigns with the Director of Communications and help ensure member recruitment and retention targets are achieved.
- Support the Commercial Team with marketing and lead generation.
- Manage the production of the Master Builder magazine.
- Manage the strategic planning, production, and distribution of visual content, including advertisements, to raise awareness of the Master Builder brand.
- Advise internal departments and staff on strategic marketing collateral and materials and assist with production.
Master Builder Awards and Events
- Lead the FMB’s UK-wide Master Builder Awards programme ensuring effective communication across all media channels, and the successful delivery of the judging process and award ceremonies.
- Lead the FMB’s UK-wide exhibition programme and delivery of associated marketing activities.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure the effectiveness of marketing communications, campaigns and promotional activities are measured, monitored and reported regularly.
- Manage the communication plan and scheduling.
- Monitor and analyse market and competitor activity.
- Undertake any other duties, which reasonably fall within the remit of the role.
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing. Your manager will, in discussion with you, review the job description from time to time. It is the FMB’s intention to work with you to update and incorporate changes to your job description as required. However, if agreement cannot be reached, the FMB reserves the right to impose changes.
The successful candidate will have:
• Honours degree or related experience in marketing, business and/or communications.
The successful candidate will:
• Demonstrate excellent communication and writing skills, with good attention to detail.
• Have the ability to build effective working relationships with a broad spectrum of colleagues and customers.
• Demonstrate the ability to deliver a wide range of marketing activities and evidence of strong project management skills.
• Demonstrate strong research and analytical abilities; data management, interpretation, reporting and insight.
• Demonstrate a good understanding of digital marketing, strategy and best practice.
• Possess sound presentation skills.
• Have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and balance competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrate good understanding of how to use social media to achieve business objectives.
The successful candidate must have:
• Experience working in a membership organisation.
• Experience in developing strategic marketing and communications plans.
• Experience in publication management and production.
• Event management experience, including leading UK-wide award ceremonies.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a confident and dynamic personality.
• Be able to work within a team.
• Be enthusiastic and self-motivated.
Occasional travel throughout the UK, including overnight stays and some weekend work.