POSITION: Industrial Issues Executive: Packaging
GRADE LEVEL: Executive
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Industrial Issues Executive
The Industrial Issues Executive: Packaging will develop into one of the BPF’s specialists on all issues involving plastics and flexible packaging and films in use in industrial applications as well as in packaging.
He/she will manage and develop the key forums for BPF member firms operating in the plastics and flexible packaging and industrial films sector and specifically will be responsible for liaison with the BPF’s Plastics and Flexible Packaging Group Manager under the Managers guidance and support.
The role offers wide contact with the Plastics Industry at a senior level as well as other stakeholders including brand owners and retailers, waste management and local Government and liaison with other trade bodies representing the same and a deep insight into the operation of UK and EU Governmental institutions as it relates to plastics and flexible packaging.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Plastics and Flexible Packaging Group
- Account management & maintenance of contacts within the Group
- Attend Group Meetings, create minutes and monitor member attendance as required
- Conducting research projects where required
- Working with the BPF Marketing Team to create and co-ordinate marketing campaigns promoting the benefits of plastics packaging
- Help develop communications materials and lobbying materials where required
- Creation of Bi-Weekly Newsletters and researching relevant materials for the same
- Regular media monitoring (using the BPFs third party media monitoring tool) of media to highlight plastic packaging issues that need response
- Maintain the packaging pages on the website including packaging resources
- Other duties as reasonably required, as it is anticipated that the Organisation and the role will evolve and change.
- Minimum 2 -3 years industrial experience
- Previous experience within the plastics industry, packaging industry or elsewhere in the logistics chain where packaging is used and in environmental or industrial / government affairs or similar position would be greatly beneficial but not necessary
- Capable of presenting both technical and business issues
- Capable of co-ordinating and managing projects to conclusion
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills
- Relevant degree to 2.1 preferable but not essential if suitable experience and qualification gained
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to handle business sensitive and complex information
- Capable of building relationships with colleagues and member companies
- Well organised and disciplined project management skills
- Comfortable working with people at all organisational levels
- Resourceful and flexible
- Good eye for detail.