Finance Officer – Membership Association, Animal Health
Permanent, Part-time, Enfield Chase
Are you looking for a role where you can be part of a busy team, dedicated to delivering high standards in a leading membership association, but where you will work independently and be responsible for your own work area?
NOAH is the trade association representing the UK animal health industry. We now have a great opportunity for an experienced Finance Officer to join our team based in Enfield Chase. As a small not-for-profit organisation, we are seeking someone who can work well on their own, take responsibility for all bookkeeping and accounts activities but also be happy to be part of the team.
Responsibilities will include:
• Process all Purchase invoices in Xero, applying correct Nominal Code, applying correct VAT code and ensuring payment is made using Noah’s banking facilities (Cash; Cheque; Bank Transfer; Direct Debit). Monitor Aged Creditors list as appropriate.
• Process all Sales invoices in Xero, applying correct Nominal Code and VAT code and ensuring payment is received. Monitor Aged Debtors list, liaising with Chief Executive as required.
• Process all receipts – Cash; Cheques; Bank Transfer Receipts; Card Payment Receipts.
• Manage and reconcile Noah’s Bank accounts; Deposit Accounts, VISA Card accounts and Petty Cash.
• Manage, monitor and reconcile Nominal Accounts in Xero including Control accounts.
• Post monthly journals for Salaries; PAYE & Pension.
• Assist Chief Executive with preparation of annual budget.
• Produce monthly management accounts on a timely basis.
• Complete & submit quarterly VAT return.
• Maintain filing system to ensure it is accessible to CEO, Office Manager and Auditors.
The ideal candidate will have a full working knowledge of Xero, Microsoft Excel and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
This is a part-time role (up to 15hrs, flexible), reporting to our Office Manager but working closely with the Chief Executive. Salary will be dependent on experience, additional benefits include staff pension, private health cover and parking.
If you’d like to know more please contact Dawn Howard email@example.com 020 8367 3131 or send in your CV and letter outlining why you’re the ideal person to join us to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 May 2019.