The Airport Operators Association (AOA) is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic individual to join its team in London to assist with the delivery of the AOA’s events and member relations activities. The successful candidate will help to ensure our members are kept up to date and engage across AOA’s various programmes, events and services.
Founded in 1934, the AOA is the national trade association representing the interests of UK airports, and the principal such body engaging with the UK government and regulatory authorities on airport matters. The AOA’s members include over 50 airports and more than 150 Associate Members, made up of companies representing a wide range of suppliers in the aviation industry. Working on behalf of these members, the AOA’s mission is to influence governments, regulators and opinion in order to secure the policy outcomes that will deliver its vision. This includes playing a leading role in security, economic development, operations and safety and environmental sustainability issues.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Commercial Director and other team members in the following key activities:
• Develop and implement a member engagement plan for both airports and non-airport members.
• Manage and maintain an effective member communications plan.
• Prepare key member meeting and recruitment documentation.
• Ensure smooth processes to “onboard” new members.
• Run data analytics which report on member engagement and portal usage providing insight into the activities and issues that matter most to our members.
• Prepare and execute regular member surveys on a range of topics from member feedback on AOA’s membership value to market intelligence gathering.
• Act as key liaison for AOA’s events support company to create, manage and run specific member engagement events including AOA’s Annual Conference, Annual Dinner, Specialist Conferences, Parliamentary receptions and other ad hoc events.
• Handle general member correspondence; assist new contacts at member companies in setting up their profiles and plugging them into the most relevant AOA’s programmes, groups and activities.
• Become an expert user of our CRM system.
It is essential that the candidate demonstrates the following:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Excellent communications skills – including via social media.
• Ability to engage with senior level stakeholders.
• Numerate, comfortable working with and analysing data.
• Output-oriented with a track record of delivery.
• A strong team player committed to helping colleagues achieve their goals.
• Capability to use the tools and technologies AOA provides, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Goldmine CRM, social media, web tools and events and conferencing software.
• A broad understanding of the aviation industry landscape and the positioning and role of trade associations is desirable.
£25,000 – £28,000, dependent on experience.
The closing date is Tuesday 4 June 2019 and interviews are expected to take place around early to mid-June 2019. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
To apply, please send an up-to-date CV and a short covering letter (no more than 1 page) outlining why you want to work for the AOA. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org