About the Railway Industry Association (RIA)
Our small team works closely with influencers and decision makers in the rail industry, to represent our 300+ member companies in the UK rail supply chain. We deliver a full programme of events and information to support our members and help to grow the sector, which is vital to the UK economy. Our work involves regular face to face contact with members and stakeholders at our offices in Westminster.
Candidates should feel comfortable travelling daily to and working in a vibrant office environment, and being ‘front of house’.
Previous experience is much less important than your attitude, energy and interaction with others.
RIA is looking for candidates that can demonstrate this Profile:
- Confident in proactively responding to problems and requests
- High standard of customer service, including appearance
- Able to take ownership and follow up
- Able to multi-task, remain calm under pressure and prioritise time spent on tasks
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- Enthusiastic about data and detail
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- A true team player, willing to contribute and communicate respectfully
- IT literate – confident using MS office and beyond, eg CRM, website, zoom
- Awareness of databases and the need for accuracy
- Awareness of business principles
Events Administrator – part time
This role involves flexibly supporting all aspects of event logistics.
Hours: Flexible around RIA’s events programme, working for 50% of full time equivalent.
Starting: January 2022, for a six-month initial period.
Contact: Milda Manomaityte at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role would suit a detail orientated, administration focused person who is happy to be flexible in supporting and organising for a busy team, delivering a diverse and impactful events programme.
- Creating and managing event booking websites
- Monitoring and administrating event registrations
- Monitoring events inbox
- Creating and administering calendar invitations
- Creating and sending out event communications, eg promotions, joining instructions, follow ups.
- Collating event presentations and preparing master slides
- Preparing event handouts and badges
- Processing event recordings and uploading them on relevant websites
- Monitoring and updating CRM systems
- Liaising with event venues and partners
- Booking travel and accommodation