TAF Member Directory
Provision Trade Federation
PTF member companies manufacture and trade in protein-based provisions such as dairy - cheese, butter, milk powders, yogurts and pigmeat - bacon, pork and ham. As part of the UK Seafood Industry Alliance, we also represent the UK’s fish processing sector. Collectively PTF sectors account for approximately 21% of total UK household expenditure on food, or nearly £24 billion a year.
As a result of the UK’s exit from the EU and notwithstanding the Trade and Cooperation Agreement and the NI protocol arrangements, the food industry is facing unprecedented challenges with the simultaneous impact of Coronavirus Covid-19 restrictions.
We at PTF;
- Have been in existence for nearly 140 years.
- Lobby on behalf of our members acting as the ‘voice of the industry’ in close discussions with Government and other policy makers/influencers. On the horizon are government initiatives around sustainability targets, changes to plastics taxes and producer responsibility regimes and Diet and Health initiatives.
- Have unique expertise and knowledge of EU and trading affairs, skilled staff and a wide network of influential contacts.
- Hold regular meetings and provide a networking forum with industry representatives in our sector committees in order to identify issues and we work with related bodies such BRC (British Retail Consortium) and the FDF (Food and Drink Federation) as necessary in order to maximise industry influence on key issues.
- Keep members informed about market and regulatory issues via our regular Market Reports, weekly Technical and Legislation bulletins and the ‘Week Ahead’ bulletin.
- Offer free to members briefings and have briefed on PHE’s Reduction and Reformulation Programmes, Food Withdrawal and Recall Arrangements, Factory Audits and Audit Burden, FSA’s Regulating our Future Programme, the Government’s Obesity Plan, FSA’s National Food Crime Unit, Vulnerability Assessments, Origin Labelling, BRC Global Standards, ‘QACs, chlorates & biocides' to name a few. We have also undertaken tailored training days for things like ‘Brexit’, ‘the Groceries Code of Practise’ and ‘Carbon masterclasses’.
- Have an Annual Dinner (at a top-class hotel in London) where up to 800 of our members and their guests are able to enjoy first class food and top entertainment.