Based in Central London, and working closely with the Managing Director, this role acts as a key strategic contact within the organisation, responsible for the Association's activities in education and training and safety and environment issues.
We have established a very strong position in the technical training provision for its industry - education and training are core to our activities. We are investing heavily in redeveloping our industry training distance learning provision and evaluating becoming an endpoint assessment organisation (EPAO) for our industry trailblazer apprenticeships. This is therefore an exciting time to join us.
• To manage and organise the day to day delivery of our extensive Distance Learning Courses and to oversee their development
• To manage our role as Centre coordinator for the Industry skills vocational qualifications
• To assist with our possible setting-up as an end-point assessment organisation for industry trailblazer apprenticeships
• Provide secretariat and support the committees responsible for health & safety and education & training
• To author H&S and E&T information and share widely with our members
• To liaise with Health & Safety and Education & Training bodies to maintain active contact such as HSE, IOSH, EAL, IfA etc
• To annually collect and publish accident statistical data
• You have 10+ years of progressive experience, either in lifts or a complimentary industry – engineering/construction OR a proven track record in a successful and relevant trade or membership associations OR in an educational institution.
• You are fully committed to the Association’s vision and strategy & enthusiastic and keen to contribute to its development going forward.
• Happy to work within a small but highly skilled and professional team with autonomy and freedom to develop the role
• You will be passionate about the provision of industry training and supporting members
• Good commercial and financial acumen
• Degree and H&S qualification preferable but not essential
If you are interested in applying to this vacancy, please submit a CV and cover letter to Nick Mellor, Managing Director (email@example.com)