The Contract Flooring Association (CFA) is a leading not-for-profit trade body for the commercial flooring sector, with a reputable and forward-thinking approach, striving for improvement of quality and standards throughout the industry for all our members. As part of its activity, the CFA is therefore heavily involved in training within our sector.
An established role, we have an opportunity for an experienced manager to join our team to develop our training support. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to build on the current responsibilities, and with proven success, develop their role and career within the Company.
A primary function of the Training Manager role is responsibility for the smooth running of the Flooring Industry Training Association (FITA) and training centre in Loughborough, including all the logistics around successful training delivery. You will not generally be expected to provide hands on delivery of the training, although will assume responsibility for it.
There is a continual programme across all of the major “soft” flooring disciplines for both the commercial and domestic sectors. Working from a combination of our Nottingham head office and Loughborough training centre, the post-holder will report direct to the CEO of the CFA and work closely with the CFA’s Operations Manager. You will also be expected to manage and work closely with instructors at FITA. Operating at management level you will be expected to engage effectively at all levels throughout the business. It requires strong organisational and excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to identify decision makers, create opportunities and manage relationships with key people to secure long-term support.
Identifying and supporting the training and qualification needs of the members and wider industry is another main objective of this role. As such, the Training Manager will need to engage with Directors, Senior Managers and installers within CFA member organisations, whilst representing and acting as an ambassador for the CFA within the wider industry and support network. The ability to work with people across the supply chain and at all levels to strengthen the delivery of training and qualifications is essential.
YOU WILL IDEALLY HAVE:
- Proven track record in a wide range of management skills
- Previous experience of the management of training and development will be helpful but is not essential
- An understanding of National Vocational Qualifications and (S/NVQ) delivery
- Ability to gain credibility immediately with the membership of the CFA
- B2B experience, with a consultative, solution-based approach to business development
- Strong customer focused ethos, as supporting our members is paramount to the role
- Motivation and ability to develop successful working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Experience in communicating at all levels throughout organisations
- Ability to work within a small team, as well as working independently
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- A flexible approach to working
- Natural self-motivation
CFA WILL PROVIDE:
- A competitive salary with opportunity to increase with proven success to bottom line
- Generous pension contributions
- 20 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Supportive working environment with the provision of training as and when required
For Further details, please send your CV and a covering letter to the CEO of the CFA, Richard Catt.