Up to £35,000 + benefits
Are you a talented B2B marketer with a flair for managing content and driving engagement? We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Executive with B2B experience to play a key role in driving our membership and marketing plans.
Reporting to the Membership and Marketing Services Director, the successful candidate will be a natural collaborator, able to work closely across teams to realise the best marketing outcomes.
A team player, with all-round marketing and communications experience, you will be comfortable leading marketing campaigns and acting in an advisory capacity to non-marketing colleagues.
You will be a self-motivated, organised individual, with a talent for written communication which includes accurate handling of technical material and writing for a variety of audiences. You will also have experience of the digital side of a modern marketing team.
This exciting role is the ideal opportunity for an ambitious marketer to make their mark as an important part of a small team.
Experience of a membership environment would be an advantage.
CIRIA (Construction Industry research and Information Association) is a not-for-profit, membership based, research organisation. Our research helps the construction industry to improve performance through sharing knowledge and best-practice. You can find out more about CIRIA at www.ciria.org.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter outlining what you could bring to the role and how you meet the requirements of the person specification to Sandra Evans.
Applicants who do not provide a full covering letter will not be considered.
A full job description is available below.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
No agencies please
Job Title Senior Marketing Executive
Reporting to Membership and Marketing Services Director
CIRIA is the construction industry research and information association. It is an independent, not-for-profit, member-based research organisation that exists to champion performance improvement in construction.
Since 1960 CIRIA has delivered support and guidance to the construction, built environment
and infrastructure sectors. CIRIA works with members from all parts of the supply chain to co-ordinate collaborative projects, industry networks and events. High quality guidance is delivered to industry through a range of performance improvement activities.
For more information on CIRIA’s products and services please visit www.ciria.org
The Senior Marketing Executive will play a key role in leading CIRIA’s corporate, membership, commercial and research marketing. This is a pivotal role, driving organisational growth and supporting the ongoing development and delivery of the marketing and membership strategies, alongside inputting into the development of new products and services.
The scope of the role covers the full marketing mix, including online marketing, content management, campaign planning and delivery, and member engagement / communications. The job holder will design and implement strategic campaigns which effectively drive membership and revenue generation.
The Senior Marketing Executive will take maintain and develop CIRIA’s online presence and user journey, including that of our members. The post-holder will own the digital performance evaluation and improvement cycle and develop online membership resources and digital products.
The Senior Marketing Executive will work closely with the Membership and Marketing Services Director in shaping and delivering CIRIA’s membership product, proposition and marketing strategy.
Marketing & Member Communications
- Lead on the development and delivery of multi-channel campaigns to drive revenue generation across CIRIA’s projects and products, as well as membership growth
- Design and deliver integrated marketing initiatives to drive awareness of CIRIA across target audiences and raise the corporate profile
- Driving the development of a variety of engaging content, including supporting the development of a webinar programme
- Support the Membership and Marketing Services Director and Network Programme Manager in developing opportunities for wider member engagement within and without the CIRIA Network
- Drive initiatives to improve CIRIA’s reach within member organisations
- Guardian of the CIRIA Member brand
- Jointly develop and deliver corporate marketing and PR events including roundtables
· Manage corporate communications channels for both members and registered audiences, including targeted promotional mailings
· Support the Customer Service and Membership Manager in identifying and developing communications and materials to support the membership process
· Lead the development of member and marketing materials, including writing and proofreading copy, design input and supplier liaison
· Performance monitoring, evaluation and reporting
· Support the continuous improvement of CIRIA’s marketing and membership strategies
· Provide marketing support and advice to colleagues throughout the organisation
- Copywriting for a variety of channels and audiences, including the promotion of a range of technical research products
· Any other duties within the competence of the post holder which they may reasonably be requested to deliver
Digital & Online
· Maintain the CIRIA website including technical management, optimisation, functionality, user journey and interaction with the e-commerce and CRM system
· Management of the organisations e-mailing system
· Support the development and implementation of the Digital Strategy
· Administration and content management of project focused micro sites
· Support future website development by assisting with project management, defining and delivering the user journey, content strategy, ecommerce aspects and CRM interactions
· Develop and maintain online membership tools and resources
· Develop a library of video content to help promote CIRIA - film, edit and promote through relevant channels
· An experienced all round marketing professional in a corporate or business to business environment – preferably within the built environment or construction sectors
· Sound experience of developing and delivering integrated and online marketing campaigns
· Understanding of websites and CRM systems and willingness to learn the technical skills necessary to ensure their effectiveness.
· A strong understanding of marketing, brand, design, corporate identity and the role of content
· Strong English language written and verbal communication skills and ability to tailor written communications to different channel/audience needs
· Interest in and ability to understand the bigger picture on an industry and organisational level, coupled with an enthusiasm for rolling up your sleeves and getting things done
· Self-motivated with an ability to work on own initiative and impart/share knowledge
· Proven ability to simultaneously manage numerous projects and to work to tight deadlines
· Ability to prioritise, well organised with a strong attention to detail
· Experience of dealing with external agencies and suppliers
· A good team communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and experience of negotiating collaborative work
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong IT skills and familiarity with and fluency in use of standard IT software
· Willingness to adapt and participate in activities outwith the ‘core role’ as required
· Professional Marketing Qualification or 3 years’ experience in a B2B marketing role
· Previous experience in a membership environment
· Previous experience in an e-commerce environment
· Experience gained in the built environment / construction market would be a significant advantage