BSRIA (owned by The Building Services Research and Information Association) was founded in 1955. We employ 200+ people at our head office in Bracknell (UK), at regionally based construction compliance offices throughout the UK; at offices in France, China and USA.
Our VISION is to be leaders for information, knowledge and improvement for the built environment.
Our VALUES are to be authoritative, collaborative, independent and innovative.
This particular vacancy relates to our opening in BSRIA Membership department. This section offers a unique knowledge and information service to our Members providing the latest up-to-date technical information and training. We also provide a wide range of networking opportunities to promote cross industry knowledge sharing.
The objective of the role is to lead with the recruitment of new members, retention of and the relationship management of existing members. To identify new member services and ways of further adding value to the membership.
Please note, willingness to travel is essential in this role.
- In conjunction with Business Manager identify, develop and implement new member acquisition strategy to achieve organisational objectives;
- Identification and recruitment of potential new members;
- Responsibility for delivering the revenue budget from membership;
- Identify and develop new revenue streams to enhance membership offering whilst contributing to organisational goals;
- Development of retention strategy for existing members;
- Manage the relationship with existing members;
- Liaise with Business Manager over the development of new member offerings to enhance the membership package;
- Manage the BSRIA Council meetings and representative participation on Council;
- Identify and develop pan-BSRIA sales opportunities;
- Liaise with Network, Information, Training and Publication Manager over the delivery member offerings;
- Manage quarterly Member mailings;
- Management of Membership team;
Key Skills and Knowledge required:
- Extensive experience in similar role at Senior Management level
- Sound experience and proven track record of Business development
- Excellent business acumen and commercial expertise
- Sound knowledge of business commercial performance
- Ability to use own initiative and prioritise effectively
- Excellent Project Management and organisational skills
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of an organisation with ability to persuade and negotiate
- Excellent report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Excellent networking skills
- High level of customer service
The post is a nominal 37 hours per week, 8:30 – 17:00 Monday to Thursday and 8:30 – 16:30 on Friday. Benefits include a Pension Scheme and 26 days holiday per year, childcare vouchers, etc. This is an office-based post in Bracknell.
If you are interested in applying for the position send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org