BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – Anti Copying in Design (ACID) Ltd. – home based with regular visits to HQ in London and Gloucestershire
JOB TITLE: Business Development Officer
REPORTS TO: ACID Chief Executive
Salary: Dependent on experience
An exciting position has become available in one of UK’s leading trade organisations for designers, designer makers and manufacturers, helping its members protect and commercialise their intellectual property assets. ACID is seeking a highly-motivated individual as a Business Development Officer with experience and proven skills.
ACID’s represents the design sector on IP issues to Government and the supply chain, and provides information, advice and guidance to its members to help them trade more profitably.
ACID has a number of key benefits as part of its membership offer. The main benefit is a Design Databank (currently holding over 300,000 copies of members’ designs) which has been recently re-launched to include lodgements of copyright works together with a downloadable certificate co-branded with the Police Intellectual Property Crime Unit (PIPCU). Attached to the ACID Copyright & Design Databank is ACID Marketplace, which is an online marketing platform which is also under discussion with online trading platforms as a provider of acceptable evidence of prior art when online knock-offs, counterfeiting, piracy are discovered. The key objectives of the role are:
· To expand recruitment in existing markets and identify new markets for membership recruitment
· Engaging with membership and ensuring they are utilising all member benefits to improve retention
· To promote and expand the use of the ACID Copyright & Design Databank to existing members (including the newly developed brand enforcement service) who do not use these benefits
· To expand ACID Marketplace into a revenue-producing platform
· Establish what benefits and concessions members require, creating a target list of potential benefits and commercial partners
· To be the outward facing liaison with ACID’s existing partners and identify new partners with whom to engage
To view a full job description, please click here.
Please send your CV, remuneration expectation and a covering letter to Jane Banyai by 5pm 7th April, 2017