How to get your website to the top of Google - SEO Training
TO RESERVE YOUR PLACE(S) ON THIS COURSE PLEASE CONTACT EMARRIOTT@TAFORUM.ORG
Search Engine Optimisation Secrets in Plain English
How do new and existing members find you and your information online? They ‘Google you’ of course. Simple.
Or maybe not…
For many people, how and why your website rises to the top of the search results is a mystery. There are so many things you need to do. Google change the rules all the time and search engine consultants want you to pay through the nose for a job you could do yourselves!
This new TAF course is designed for those who want to take control of their search engine performance.
During an enjoyable, interactive day you will discover proven, simple tactics for achieving top spots on Google, Yahoo! and Bing. From earning trust to improving conversion rates, this workshop will give you all the tricks, tips and ideas you need to:
• Introduction and Overview
• What is Search Engine Optimisation really?
• How to assess your current site performance
• Busting the SEO myths
• Black Hat vs White Hat SEO
• Authority – what Google is looking for
• The Five ingredients of Google Optimisation
• Conducting keyword researching
• Identifying online gaps and opportunities
• Designing your site with SEO in mind
• Writing web copy to be found in the search engines
• Using the tools Google give you
• Finding errors and problems with your site that will hold you back
• The importance of backlinks
• How to generate backlinks quickly and easily
• Mixing Social Media, Email and SEO – a powerful combination
• Understand the metrics
• Converting web traffic from search engines
• Choosing and working with an SEO agency
• Action Plans
• Conclusions, Summary and Close
• Use keyword tools to discover what your audiences are searching for
• Design your site around the five key ingredients Google looks for
• Build online credibility and trust, the essential currency for search engine success
• Generate back-links with up-to-the-minute, link-building strategies
• Track traffic, engagement, conversions, and the effectiveness of each site element
This non-technical workshop is suitable for anyone in a marketing, PR or communications role. No prior knowledge of SEO is required. Suitable for those in supervisory and management positions from junior to mid-level seniority who must:
- Present at Boardroom level
- Persuade and influence colleagues internally
- Give presentations
- Deliver information to members
All delegates receive the slides, workbooks and other supporting material. Post-course support, via email and telephone, can also be provided if required.
Andrew Lloyd Gordon is a trainer, speaker and digital marketing consultant.
After studying for an MA at Warwick Business School, Andrew started his digital marketing career in 1997, when he helped launch and promote jobs.ac.uk.
After 4 years at jobs.ac.uk, Andrew eventually went onto become MD of the business after turning it into the leading jobs board for Higher Education in the UK and across the world. At the height of the dot com boom, Andrew was headhunted to help launch a number of high-profile start-ups.
Once the dust had settled after the dot com crash, Andrew began working with the complete range of public and private organisations to help transform them into digital organisations. For the last 20+ years Andrew has consulted on digital projects in the UK, USA, Ireland, Holland, Italy and Germany.
As a qualified and experienced trainer, Andrew has worked with clients such as the UK Cabinet Office, Bose, UCAS, Kings College London, Universal Music, the NHS and many others. He is also a trainer for Google’s flagship digital marketing training programme, ‘We Are Squared’. He also recently authored the digital marketing content for the ‘Advanced Digital Business Leaders’ (ADBL) programme.
Andrew regularly speaks at a wide range of conference and events in the UK and overseas. These have included the Commonwealth’s University Association conference in Trinidad, a European Union Science and Technology fair at MIT, Cambridge USA and a Google conference in Dublin, Ireland. He has also been invited to speak at prestigious conference in the UK such as Reed Business Information’s Digital Conference and as a panel member at the AutoTrader Digital Conference at the Ricoh Arena. Andrew is also a regular guest lecturer at several UK business schools such as Warwick, Aston, Lancaster and Nottingham.
09.30 – 17.00
Lunch and all refreshments included.
23rd November 2017
40 Gracechurch Street
£275 + VAT per person
Cancellations must be made in writing by Monday, 23rd October 2017. We cannot offer a full refund after this date.
Please log in to book